There’s a game on the App Store called Captain Rocket and I love the graphics style, is there a name for this style so that I can do a bit of research in to it?

Here’s a couple of screenshots from the App Store:

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2


| improve this question | | | | |
  • 3
    Hi Adam Carter, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your question. If you want to know more about the site, please see the help center or ping one of us in the Graphic Design Chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site! For the design itself, this is basically Flat Design. – AndrewH Jul 16 '15 at 14:39
  • I was hoping for something more specific, the colours seem like they might be a more specific type of flat design. Thanks though – Adam Carter Jul 16 '15 at 14:43
  • 2
    Generally called "Flat Design" awwwards.com/flat-design-an-in-depth-look.html – hsawires Jul 16 '15 at 14:44
  • It's pretty much the definition of flat design – Zach Saucier Jul 16 '15 at 14:46
  • Flat design with some google-material-design-esque elements. – DA01 Jul 16 '15 at 14:54

That is all flat design. The rocket itself has a horizontal score, and the buttons have a drop shadow.

| improve this answer | | | | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.