I have a text box in a document (Indesign CC) that seems to have another box inside of it. It looks like a border-type frame, and it is not resizable like the actual text box. I have attached a screen shot. The red border is obviously the normal text box, but the orange border is the mystery box. Can anyone tell me what this is?

text box example

1 Answer 1


Object > Text Frame Options . .

The Inset Spacing options controls how close text is allowed to get to the edges of the text frame. This is what is indicated by the inner frame.

enter image description here

  • @Piper You might also want to check Window > Styles > Object Styles. If you double click the currently selected object style and go to Text Frame General Options, you can find the same thing.
    – Joonas
    Aug 7, 2015 at 20:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.