I'm trying to create a 3D version of a screenshot. Something like this:

enter image description here

How can I do that? I know somehow to do this in Photoshop? But I was wondering if there is a free software or online tool for this?

  • Are you asking how to do this in Photoshop? GIMP is free and you could use that. What have you tried though? – AndrewH Aug 19 '15 at 21:12
  • I was wondering if there is a tool that does this automatically? I mean gets the photo and creates the effect above. – Vahid Aug 19 '15 at 21:13
  • You could create an action to do this automatically in Photoshop. I am sure you could also create the same action in GIMP. There might be an action already created for this. I doubt there is any online tools that would do this effect specifically, maybe something close to this. – AndrewH Aug 19 '15 at 21:18
  • @AndrewH Thank you so much, I will try to search more or right one myself. – Vahid Aug 19 '15 at 21:19
  • possible duplicate of How to create this realistic glossy preview of a business card? – benteh Aug 20 '15 at 10:51

You got it right when you said Photoshop, and it's pretty easy, too. You have your screenshot, another one at the bottom turned 180° and erased a little plus some transparency for the reflection effect, then select both and transform with perspective and distort.

All you have to do now is play with a layer and a selection of your desired shadow colored black. Blur, eraser and stuff...

That'll be all, so if you get your hands on Photoshop, this is the way to do it.

PS: If you already have Photoshop, why not tackle this head on, rather than wasting time looking for a action on the internet or for a tool that will probably not do it exactly as you want? It's a simple process and for an experienced user it takes less than a minute. For someone with little Photoshop knowledge it will probably take 30 minutes but you will spend more trying to find a tool that generates this automatically. Just my opinion, good luck with whatever approach you may choose.


Vahid, I'm sorry to say that the best tool to create such effect is probably Powerpoint... Copy/Paste the image inside a ppt presentation then add effect (reflection and 3d shadow), and then save everything in jpg.

As you can see...

And btw i think also open office can do something similar. Otherwise use photoshop, but it can be much more difficult to have the same effect.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.