I'd like to know what this design style is called. Thank you! enter image description here

  • 2
    Hi Zooey! Is it possible to show what results you got from your research so far and what you tried to find out the style of this illustration? Maybe post more examples too. – go-junta Aug 23 '15 at 21:06
  • 2
    It's an illustration. Reminiscent of 50s/60s, block prints, but no real particular name for this style. – DA01 Aug 24 '15 at 3:06
  • we absolutely need more examples.. – benteh Aug 24 '15 at 23:18

This image is a still from a video done for Eco Justice Canada by the firm Giant Ant: https://vimeo.com/53447230

While the video is new, the imagery and animation style used is heavily influenced by mid-century graphic design (tear-drop and other simple shapes, limited color palette, rough ink textures, the type of animated transitions used). Googling "mid-century graphic design" or "mid-century animation" will give you some nice examples of work from this period.

  • "Modernism". That is the trem we called over the mid century artwoks, including printing ads, furnitures design and Architecture. – hsawires Aug 27 '15 at 2:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.