I'm trying to find an example of this shape online, but I don't know what to look for. It seems to be pretty popular in graphic design lately. It's a circle with a right angle in one corner. But when I search for that nothing comes up.

Thank you ahead of time!!

enter image description here

  • Uhm...I don't think this has a name :)) it's just a circle with a 90 degrees corner. That's all there is to it.. – Alin Aug 31 '15 at 12:10
  • 3
    Map pin, leaf, drop – DA01 Aug 31 '15 at 12:52
  • 2
    Overloaded ice cream cone? – WBT Aug 31 '15 at 14:08
  • 3
    Minimalist speech bubble... maybe modern speech bubble. Post-modern really. Post Post-Modern Speech Bubble – Ryan Aug 31 '15 at 14:10
  • 1
    Distance urinal. – Scott Sep 1 '15 at 16:45

I would say it most closely resembles a teardrop shape. That's what it's referred to as within Microsoft PowerPoint:

PowerPoint screenshot

Screenshot courtesy of indezine.com

Photoshop has a similar (yet not exactly the same) shape, they call it a raindrop.

Photoshop screenshot

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.