I am drawing an image that's going to be parsed by a program. It expects very specific pixel colors, in this case black 0x000000FF (full alpha) to work properly.

... I made a whoops! Randomly, some of the pixels that should be pure black are actually 0x000100FF (just green enough to cause a problem). The data is spread across over 200 layers, so fixing this by hand would be heart breakingly tedious.

Is there a way to change pixels with the color 0x000100FF, to the color of 0x000000FF (black) across all layers?

  • 1
    ... prepare for heartbreak, unfortunately. – Scott Sep 10 '15 at 0:40
  • What else is on the document? Just this 0x000000FF or are some elements needing to keep something else? And what resolution/image format do you need the output to be if anything specific. – Ryan Sep 10 '15 at 0:43
  • You can try creating a "Replace Color" Action that will replace that specific color with black, but I think you'd have to manually run it on each layer, which is a bummer with 200 layers. – Vicki Sep 10 '15 at 2:54
  • aw, I ended up writing something to do the operation to the exported layers outside of PS. Which was a little tedious but it's prolly the easiest way – Anne Quinn Sep 10 '15 at 7:40
  1. Open "Levels" and zoom in as close as you can on one of the incorrect pixels. enter image description here

  2. Using the Black Eye Dropper within the Levels window, click on the bad pixel. It will change all pixels of that color (and darker) to pure black. enter image description here

|improve this answer|||||

Do what other people are saying about creating the "replace color" action, then put all the layers in a folder and apply the action to the folder.

|improve this answer|||||
  • 1
    Hi Nate! Can you explain what other people are saying and add these details in your answer? It will probably less confusing this way as you're the official answer! – go-junta Nov 30 '15 at 8:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.