I would like to know if any plugins or scripts that exist beyond using Illustrator's Effect > Distort > Roughen ? Illustrator only comes with a single roughening algorithm, and I'm trying to explore some variety.

Here is an affect I am trying to achieve,


I don't have a Wacom tablet (maybe I should get one) and I am not interested in applying texture to fills.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks!

  • Not sure about filters, but if you want to draw rough lines, consider brushes. – DA01 Sep 15 '15 at 21:03
  • Yup, I don't see why you couldn't convert all that art to brushes. Based on your cap desires, a pattern brush may work better than art brushes. Or use the Width Tool to taper ends... – Scott Sep 15 '15 at 21:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.