enter image description here

I'm using Photoshop CS6 and I'm trying to get the typing aligned with the box, kind of 3D like. I cannot seem to find the effect, I'm sure its simple.

Any help?

1 Answer 1

  1. Have your text on its own layer.
  2. Convert to Smart Object (can be done on Layer Menu, Filter Menu, or Layer Panel)
  3. Edit Distort

Align the angled sides first:

enter image description here

Then adjust for the size you want it to be on the straight sides:

enter image description here


  1. Draw your side and text flat.
  2. Select both layers and convert to smart object
  3. Distort them with the text already in place

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • I suggest the alternative method, as it will allow MUCH greater customization of the font and the box in the future. You can double-click on the icon for the smart object that you create, in the payers panel, to edit its contents. @Yadin
    – Manly
    Sep 30, 2015 at 16:57
  • Google for "Vanishing point text in Photoshop" or something like that and you will find a different method. It is more flexible but with some price to pay, like having to rasterize text and lose editing ability. With a little planning you can work around that. It is definitely worth looking into.
    – user45605
    Sep 30, 2015 at 20:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.