What kind of machine or process is used to print designs on hard plastics?

For example: Mouse, Chargers, Speakers etc.

  • 4
    Hi Nik, welcome to the site. It'd be helpful if you could edit your post to include example images of what you have in mind as there are a few options here. Using complete sentences in your post is also appreciated
    – JohnB
    Sep 30, 2015 at 17:21
  • A screenprinting machine could do that.
    – DA01
    Sep 30, 2015 at 19:26

2 Answers 2


They're usually done on a large dye sublimation printer. Since those machines are very expensive, I would suggest outsourcing it.

  • Hi Andrew, welcome to GDSE and thanks for your answer. If you have any questions, please see the help center or ping one of us in the Graphic Design Chat once your reputation is sufficient (20). Keep contributing and enjoy the site!
    – Vincent
    Nov 3, 2015 at 17:36
  • If the plastic pice is already extruded, a verey interesting (and cool) option is hydrographics.


But obviously it is before you asamble it.

You can aso print on round shapes like cylinders with this method.

  • In some other cases, depending on the complexity of the design a decal printed on a transparent material could be the best opiton.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.