I have a picture of tall-ship-stations with a grid on it. I want to remove the grid so I can mirror the sides, convert to svg and have it laser cut.
I have done a bit of research beforehand, but none of the solutions I found was applicable to my specific case.
- Line trace with low density - since all the lines are equally potent, this did not work.
- Go by color - since both the stations and grid are same color, this did not work.
- Ask on fiverr - no one would take the task and do it for me.
- Google a program that could remove all vertical and horizontal lines - didn't find any.
- Eraser tool on gimp - worked to some extent but it either corrupted the thickness of the lines or made small "crosses" appear where the lines intersected.
- Ask a friend - All my designer friends are too busy.
Any hints or tips would be appreciated, preferred with free tools like gimp, inkscape, blender etc.