I'm working on a website that will, on some pages, display the city names and IATA codes of airports.
However, some cities have multiple commercial airports, and require an airport name as well. (For example, in the screenshot above, Midway and O’Hare are two different airports that are both in Chicago.) I'm trying to figure out the best way to append the airport name onto the city when clarification is necessary.
I've seen several ways of doing this:
Em Dash: Chicago–O’Hare
- Wikipedia (lists of airlines and airports served by a particular airport)
- My current tentative design
- Many airport flight monitor boards
- Electronic boarding passes (United)
- Paper boarding passes (United)
Space: Chicago O’Hare
- A few airport flight monitor boards
- Paper boarding passes (American Airlines)
- Flight search websites (American Airlines)
Parentheses: Chicago (O’Hare)
- Flight search websites (United)
So there are clearly a lot of ways that airport names have been appended to cities. Is there a correct way?