If you look at this site, the designer(s) made use of a an effect similar to what a 3d film would look like without the 3d glasses (if your remember those days). How would I replicate this effect in Photoshop for a photo?

Image reference: Earth with glasses-less 3d-effect

  • Actually it is a 3D effect without the glasses.
    – Rafael
    Oct 17, 2015 at 15:40

1 Answer 1


The 3D effect is called anaglyph 3D. Though in this case ist is just simply a color channel offset. So it might also be simulating a mis-registration (see this post).

What you do is you duplicate the artwork run a red filter on the other (multipy by red) offset that and then blue (actually for full color cyan) filter the other copy. If you want a real effect you will need 2 images.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.