I'm having difficulty finding suitable libre typefaces. Some sites, like Google Fonts, provide a small amount of faceted searching (or search filtering, if you prefer), but I haven't found any sites where these facets are adequately comprehensive/fine-grained.
When trying to identify suitable typefaces in these databases, the user is therefore still faced with laboriously wading through huge lists of typefaces and cataloguing them themselves - largely by eye - which is obviously inefficient. It's hard to believe that the design community as a whole finds this acceptable, so I'm really hoping that other, better databases exist and I just haven't found them yet!
So, are there any typeface databases that allow faceted searching by all or most of the following characteristics?
- Vox-ATypI classification
- Whether I, l and 1 are identifiable without reference to each other
- Whether rn and m are easily distinguishable from each other
- Whether a and o are easily distinguishable from each other
- Whether g is double or single-storey
- Whether lining numerals are included
- Whether typeface is monospaced
- Whether available under an FSF-approved font license