Which filter should I use to achieve this effect?

enter image description here

I have applied the dry brush effect on my watercolor-like image. But cannot get the smooth edges like the one above.

enter image description here

  • It looks like the initial example was posterized. I'd suggest on your image to: 1) apply slight guassian blur 2) posterize filter – DA01 Oct 30 '15 at 16:32

You're in the wrong application. Not that it can't be created in Photoshop but that was most likely created in a Vector Graphics Application. If you have the Creative Cloud then use Adobe Illustrator and either start from scratch or could just load your progress so far and Image Trace it:

enter image description here

If you don't have Creative Cloud then Inkscape has some auto trace feature as well but I've never used it to know how well it works.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.