So I have seen this type of graphic design used in several places. Here is an example:

example 1: triangles in the background, text on top

The exact pattern I am pointing to is how the triangles are drawn in a way that gives a sense of dimension and depth. Here is another example:

example 2: showing only triangles in different colors

Is there a specific name for this design method?

  • That's not quite tessellation, is it? – Ulrich Schwarz Nov 15 '15 at 8:31
  • Its using the rules of perspective drawing isn't it ? – PhillipW Nov 15 '15 at 9:53
  • I believe it's called faceted design – Ameen Akbar Nov 15 '15 at 11:40
  • It's called Low poly it's basically a polygon mesh. It has it's roots in 3D computer graphics that has a relatively small number of polygons. – Alin Nov 15 '15 at 15:48