But I want it to continue to follow the curves. Ive tried warping, enveloping and free transform, nothing is getting what I want. Im using illustrator and have to keep it in a vector format. Any help would be great thanks
You can get a somewhat decent effect by using a pattern brush and the width tool.
- Draw a unit cell, and draw a no-fill-no-stroke rectangle around it:
- Select all of this and drag it into the Brushes palette. Choose
Pattern Brushin the popup that appears:
- In the popup that appears after that, choose
- Draw your stroke.
- Apply the Pattern Brush to the stroke.
- Then, using the Width tool (Shift+W), adjust the width of the stroke to mimic your desired shape.