So for a while now I've been wondering how to put a gap between two objects like in the example given. ,
, between the wings and shield, there is an even gap.
Is there a short cut or do I have to go in and move each point individually? its a bit frustrating
- Select the front object.
- Copy cmd+c
- Paste in Back cmd+B
- Add a stoke and set it to the width you want the gap to be.
- Expand the object with the stroke: Object > Expand...
- make sure all 3 boxes are checked "object, stroke and fill"
- In the pathfinder pallet click on the combine objects icon (first one on the top row)
- Now hold shift and click on the object in back.
- With both selected click the "minus front" icon in the pathfinder pallet. (second icon on the top row)
- The front shape plus the stroke have now been cut out of the back object.