My Solution is depending on Astute Graphics plugin called "Phantasm" you can download a trial version of it.
First I have to prepare my artwork before using it. So please follow my steps.
- type the letter A with your desire font.
- convert the type to outline by selecting it with the black arrow and go to
Types > Create Outlines or press Shift+CTRL+O
- now I have to create an offset of that letter by selecting my artwork with the black arrow and go to
Object > Path > Offset Path and adjust the value with the desire values.
- ungroup the result and recolor the artwork with two colors one is dark and the other is lighter as the next screen shoot.
- select the two paths with the black arrow and blend it, by going to
Object > Blend or press ALT+CTRL+B and here you are the result.
- draw a triangle and drag and drop it into the symbols panel as shown, and select it (very important to select it before you leave the symbols panel).
- now it's time of the plugin, select
Effects > Phantasm > Halftone... and adjust the values to the desire effect. as the hereunder screenshot.
in the dot properties make sure to select "Selected Symbol" from the shape droplist.