Is there a shortcut (+click) to select a bottom layer that is fully behind a top layer in photoshop.

Ex (PSD attached): I would like to select the green circle without jumping to layers panel.

Download the PSD

Thank you!

1 Answer 1


You can press Alt + [ or Alt + ] to swap between layers. Just tried also you can press Alt + , to go to the bottom layer or Alt + . to go to the top layer. (Alt + comma, Alt + period)

  • No problem @Ahmed, hope this helps cut some time out!
    – McIvor
    Jan 7, 2016 at 10:41
  • @Ahmed if this answer is on target, which appears to be, you can mark it as accepted answer by clicking on the proper box next to the answer.
    – user45605
    Jan 9, 2016 at 0:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.