So i need to create a shape from the empty space that i scratched in with two shapes created from the pen tool. I know it's messy but i'm just trying to figure out how to get this space before I make this picture. Thanks in advance everyone :Denter image description here

  • This question is incomplete, are those shapes traced, are they in the same layer or in different layers, do you want to color in between those shapes or do you want only the selection ?
    – Alin
    Commented Feb 7, 2016 at 17:25

1 Answer 1


Hmm.. there are a few different options if you're in Photoshop, depending on what you're looking for.

note: If you're just trying to color it in, you can select the "bucket" tool and fill paint between the two boundaries like so: enter image description here

If you want to create that individual shape, it depends if what you're drawing is all on one layer or separate layers, and what you're trying to do with it.

I think if you have two layers, start with step #1. If it's all on one layer, start with step # 2.

  1. Merge the two layers (if they're on separate layers)*: enter image description here
  2. Select the space between with the magic wand: enter image description here
  3. Right Click, and "Make Layer via copy" enter image description here

Since you could be using this for many reasons, above may not be what you're looking for. There are many ways to approaching this, it just depends on what your end goal is.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.