Usually see it in SVGs, either 2D or 3D. I really like the design, but not sure what it's called.

Something like this: https://www.polymer-project.org/1.0/images/polymer1.0-01.svg

Or even the banner background here: http://snapsvg.io/ http://snapsvg.io/assets/images/background.svg

Would like to create some of these myself in Illustrator!


1 Answer 1


This effect is referred to as "low-poly." The name comes from 3D models with a low number of polygons. Search for low poly and you will find a lot of examples, tutorials, etc. as this style has been somewhat in vogue lately.

  • 3
    Related: delaunay triangulation
    – allcaps
    Commented Jan 26, 2016 at 22:04
  • @allcaps thank you, and +1 (would like, but im not at 15 yet :( )
    – 0xPingo
    Commented Jan 28, 2016 at 21:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.