So I'm working on a project and can't quite get the colour overlay effect like in the above image where the orange lays over the newspaper. Any ideas on how I can recreate this technique myself?
Here is what I will suggest:
- Above the color image you have add a solid color
- Choose orange or any other color you like
- Change the blend mode to "Color"
- Above the new color layer add your text layer and use white for text color
It should give you the same result. You can experiment by double-clicking on the solid color layer and changing the color to other hue values and you will see the result on your image as you change the picked color.
Interesting, well i suggest try this
Add Hue,saturation adjustment layer
- set Saturation to -100
- this will desaturate your image & turns into B/W
Add gradient map adjustment layer
- select the required tints
if you are new to gradient maps it will be better if you search for some tutorials on it, i hope this helps reply back if it works