I am looking for a term of this flowerish design element so I can look up some more variations.

enter image description here


It is called a Laurel Wreath: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurel_wreath

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    And this is where the term "laurels" (as in "we cannot rest on our laurels") comes from – Yorik Feb 9 '16 at 22:28
  • Just another piece of useless information I thought I would share: laurel (Laurus nobilis) is what gives us bay leaves, the kind you put in a stew. Roman emperors wore a laurel wreath on their head, like a crown. – Billy Kerr May 27 '17 at 10:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.