I'm looking for images similar to this one to use in a design but i'm unsure of what to search for. What style would you call this image? And how were illustrations like this created originally?

enter image description here

  • Which part of it are you wanting a term for? Feb 11, 2016 at 17:00
  • the illustration
    – E.B.
    Feb 11, 2016 at 19:07
  • It is a valid question, but on this site it is on hold becouse normally the question should be redacted in a way it does not depend only on the image itself, so that can be searched by text. :o)
    – Rafael
    Feb 11, 2016 at 19:18

1 Answer 1


It's pretty close to syles used for Etching & Wood cut.

Here's some examples I got from googling the following...

"Etched illustration style"

(source: victorianweb.org)

"Wood cut illustration style"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.