I'm often searching for already created works/templates etc, to get some idea of how things are done. The thing is, I have an idea of something and I don't even know what it is called, and as a result I don't know what to look for in order to get an idea of ways it can be done. I'll try to describe it as I can:

For example you have a site or pre-print document with a beautiful design, but in some part of it you may want to add some description or explanation of something or anything else, for about 5-10 sentences. It's like a big notice, but not a notice.

I can't google it, I simply don't know what to google for. I want to see how people create this kind of expression of notice (a big notice), the same way people create ribbons for example.

Picture as requested(paint, lol!):

enter image description here

closed as unclear what you're asking by DA01, Zach Saucier, Hanna, go-junta, Cai Mar 17 '16 at 17:19

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Is this the kind of thing you're talking about maybe? – Cai Feb 22 '16 at 23:35
  • Not really. I added a picture to make it more understandable – Rita Feb 22 '16 at 23:42
  • Using you image explain what you want in just a few sentences. I'll edit your question then so you can get some better answers. – Terry Feb 22 '16 at 23:50
  • be my guest :) I would very appreciate it – Rita Feb 22 '16 at 23:51
  • Hmmm. Are you referring to the white part of your image? Where it would be left blank and you could add text later? – Vicki Feb 23 '16 at 0:17

Do you mean a Pull Quote?

Page 2: http://journalism.uoregon.edu/~sasbury/whatsitcalled.pdf

Pull quotes, decks, subheads and captions all fall under the broad category of points of entry —call-out text that invites the reader into the story

Or, (from wikipedia)

a key phrase, quotation, or excerpt that has been pulled from an article and used as a graphic element, serving to entice readers into the article or to highlight a key topic. It is typically placed in a larger or distinctive typeface and on the same page.

  • I took the liberty of adding the information in the link to the actual answer so that the information is self-contained. This is "standard" practice on stackexchange, since links can die. – Yorik Feb 23 '16 at 16:35

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.