I'm creating artwork for a variety of purposes:
- Facebook Cover Photos (RGB)
- Business Cards & Banner Prints (CYMK)
- Document Headers (RGB)
The red I am using for the FB Cover Photos is #b72025, however, when I "Save for Web" as PNG for the cover photos, it gets converted to a primary red. See below (LHS is #b72025 in Illustrator (what I want) and RHS is what is converted):
When I view the PNG file in Chrome and Firefox, it appears like I want it to with #b72025 as the colour. But when I view it in Safari, Preview, or Microsoft Word (by importing it) it appears as a bright, primary red.
- Creating a new file with the "Web" settings (RGB colour profile) and creating new elements from scratch and trying to save them. It did the same.
- Disabling the RGB Colour Management policies
- Turning on/off the "Convert to sRGB" option in the "Save for Web" screen.
- Saving as "SVG", which causes the same issues.
- Exporting as PNG instead of "Saving for Web".
- Saving for Microsoft Office, but that causes the same issues.
How do I fix this problem so that I can get the same colours across browsers? I would also like this to work when I save them as SVG or use it for Microsoft Office...