(not sure this type of question belongs on this forum but thought i would ask)

So I'm looking at learning a particular style of hand letter, for the life of me i cant find many other reference other than the the one attached. I'm curious as to if this style of lettering has particular name? or if anyone could point me in the right direction to find some similar inspiration?

Any help would be appreciated,


enter image description here

  • Try browsing dafont.com or use a service like whatdafont which can be found with a Google search. Commented Mar 3, 2016 at 19:25
  • Try "thick cursive font". The vast majority of google image hits are pretty close.
    – Yorik
    Commented Mar 3, 2016 at 21:09

1 Answer 1


The only term I can say it is for sure is a "script" font.

Beyond that, it reminds me of 50's fonts like those of drive ins or a baseball team. It is kind of like the Coca Cola font, so you could look for similar fonts of that as well.

  • 1
    I would go for Baseball script, see related search at myFonts.com myfonts.com/search/tag%3A%22baseball+script%22/fonts
    – curious
    Commented Mar 3, 2016 at 19:44
  • @Emilie: I'm not sure about the term "baseball script". For me it smells strongly of 1950s Americana as well, and that may be how it ended up on baseballs (or possibly the bleechers) in the first place.
    – Jongware
    Commented Mar 3, 2016 at 21:45
  • 2
    The generic name from the days when a signwriter was a person rather than a machine would be "brush script". Which is somewhat misleading, since the tool you'd use is called a dagger (as opposed to the much shorter and stiffer brush). One might also find it filed under show card fonts/letterng. Commented Mar 4, 2016 at 2:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.