Here is what I'm trying to do on the border of a photo.

enter image description here

How can I do this in photoshop?



1 Answer 1


It's a drop shadow. You can use layer fx for that. Select the layer, go to the bottom of the panel where there is a little 'fx' menu and choose 'drop shadow'. Set the distance to 0 if you want it the same on all sides.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.