I do not like the youtube link showing how to do a grid in photoshop. It is really archaic, drawing line by line etc etc.
I have a portrait that I need to draw grid over. Is there a simple way in Photoshop CC?

  • 1
    It depends on what you want to do with the grid... @whytek suggested guide solutions, but who knows what kind of grid you're after.
    – Joonas
    Commented Jun 27, 2016 at 7:16
  • What youtube link?
    – Cai
    Commented Jun 27, 2016 at 9:24
  • What type of grid are you looking to create? One just for reference and alignment (View->Show->Grid)? Or a grid of guides (use the extension GuideGuide? Or a grid that will be visible on the finished image or print? Please specify.
    – paulmz
    Commented Jun 27, 2016 at 20:58

1 Answer 1


Yup, yes there is. And here's how:

  1. View -> New guide layout and there you can define your grid the way you want.

  2. View -> New guides from shape, a more complex method of doing your guides, but it may suit you best.

  3. A plugin called guide guide, just type it's name in any serach engine and you'll find it (unfortunately it's not free to use - costs 10$, but comes with a lot of handy presets).

Hope that helped!

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.