Did anyone succeed in importing a vertex-colored mesh into Sketchup? (My goal is to get a meshed pointcloud from an upcoming laserscan project into SketchUp and then publish it in Google Earth.)
- Import into MeshLab -> renders correctly colored.
- Direct import into SketchUp -> mesh is OK, but no colors.
- Convert colors into texture using MeshLab:
- Filters > Texture > Parameterization: Trivial per-triangle (Settings: 0/1024/0/Basic)
- Filters > Texture > Transfer Vertex Attributes to Texture (betw. 2 Meshes)
- Export as .dae, enable Wedge>TexCoord, disable others
- Exported file renders fine with texture in GLC Player or Open 3D Model Viewer
- But no colors in SketchUp
- Additionally converting to Vertex TexCoords:
- Same procedure as above, then:
- MeshLab: Filters > Texture > Convert PerWedge UV into PerVertex UV
- Export as .dae (enable Vert>TexCoord, disable others)
- Exported model won't show the texture in any software I tried. Looking at the .dae file, it contains a reference to the texture image file.
Any ideas how to accomplish this?