I've created a symbol in Illustrator with default settings. Here's how I made the object for symbol:
- A rectangle with white color - Changed its opacity to 20%
- Inside the rectangle, there are circles with black background (It's like a password input field) and opacity is changed to around 20%
- Then I grouped all these things and put it in symbol panel to make a symbol
- Then I locked and hide it in layer panel.
- Now I created fresh symbols of this type. This is fine.
Here's the image:
The problem is that Symbol stainer tool is not working (or may be working I can't see effect). The color is not changing at all. Is it because of Lock/Opacity/Hide of original grouped object?