I've seen lots of websites with these types of effects/design in the background. What is it called?

enter image description here

Source: https://www.simpla.io/


1 Answer 1


I believe called a Network Graph diagram, and it's associated with a the mathematical graph theory


That said, I'm not sure if there might be perhaps a more Graphic Design naming for it.

Edit: Here's an example of a javascript library to create one:


It also seems to use the term Network Graph, so that's your best bet.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.