I'm trying to find a better version of this image for glass etching and I have no idea what it is called to search for it online. What do I search for in Google Images to find a better version this image?

enter image description here

  • This might be a long shot, but have you tried doing an inverted search in google? Results surprise me sometimes! – Yisela Aug 4 '16 at 14:36

arabesque would be another good descriptor for that kind of imagery


You can search to find many examples of SCROLLWORK (and scroll shapes) that when "mirrored" (duplicated and arranged to touch) to build the symmetrical shapes you want. They can be used in combinations to be as intricate as you wish.


The following keywords resemble that style:

  • Floral
  • Decorative
  • Ornament

Other keywords

  • Swirl
  • Line Art
  • Just to add to the list, decal and filigree are good ones too. – Jenna Aug 3 '16 at 19:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.