The last few years my interest in illustrations and animation has grown a lot. I work as a visual designer at the moment, focussing on interfaces mostly.
I'd like to start improving my illustrating skills in my own time, however this time is very little and irregular. I've been reading up on techniques to improve drawing skills but they all seem to suggest something else.
I am currently only drawing short periods of time during the weekends, making not much progress.
- Do I need to start drawing daily?
- Do I need to start following tutorials?
- Is using references (using an image or drawing as a reference to draw something for yourself) recommended?
- Does it matter if I work digitally or with pencil/paper?
- Should I start working on one 'style' or start broad?