I want to know how I would recolor a photo to make it look like the image in the link.
The easiest two ways I can think of top of my head:
- Pen tool the area you want to paint over, make selection and ctrl+j to make a new layer.
- In the newly created layer go to layer options, select color overlay of your choosing and play with blend options and opacity.
- Rinse and repeat for other areas with different colors in the photo.
- Add a new layer on top of the original photo, paint it over with a brush in areas you want to color, or bucket-fill colors in selections created by either by pen or lasso, etc. You can use different colors on this layer.
- Play with layer's blend options and opacity.