Does anyone know how this effect was created? I remember seeing someone do this on Photoshop a few years ago but I can't remember what tools he used/what filters he used. If anyone knows what's it called it would make my day!

Thanks in advance!

enter image description here

  • 1
    What effect are you talking about? – Jongware Aug 28 '16 at 21:27

Photoshop CC 2015.1 brought back an ever more powerful Oil Filter which is what creates this effect.

| improve this answer | |
  • Sure it's not the drop shadow that is asked about? The question mentions "a couple of years ago" and I cannot recall "Oil filter" from around that time (or ever). – Jongware Aug 31 '16 at 20:59
  • 1
    Am I sure? No. He could be talking about the color red for all I know. But the most complex effect on the image is the Oil Filter which has existed since 2012 (4 years). @RadLexus – Ryan Aug 31 '16 at 21:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.