In Photoshop CS5 there was a button at the top bar of the program where you could toggle rulers / grids (it was a square button and the had a ruler-looking border). I'd like to know how I can get this to show in CS6.

What I'm talking about:

  • As a new user of CS6, it's very irritating that PS does not provide a starter manual. In particular they should provide a list of keyboard shortcuts, especially that these are now the only way of accessing some features. Maybe I missed something obvious somewhere?
    – user5409
    Commented Aug 3, 2012 at 7:09

3 Answers 3


I can't find it either. So they either moved it into oblivion or they just got rid of it.

I would recommend the hotkeys/shortcuts:

CTRL + ' = Toggle grid

CTRL + R = Toggle rulers

These are much faster than moving the mouse around and pressing buttons anyways!

  • It's true. It fell off into the bit bucket when they were building the new UI, and nobody could find it. :) I've always used Ctl-R, so I never missed it. Commented Jun 5, 2012 at 0:48

You can find it at the View menu (along with rulers, grid, snap to, etc.)

  • Well none of those work for me. when I clicked view and clicked rulers, the rulers still do not appear.
    – user18794
    Commented Jan 8, 2014 at 14:27

Rulers and grids are in the View Panel. Rulers are directly in view panel and and grid is hidden in show. Hope this helps

  • 1
    View panel?? No such thing in any version of Photoshop I have.
    – Scott
    Commented Aug 6, 2012 at 10:49

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.