I am working on theme admin interface and introducing a color palette switcher. For starters admin has 5 colors in the palette.
All color pickers used in the theme have the option to pick from color palette. Nice and sweet.
Questions: Is there a standard use of color palettes? And are you as web designer following specific pattern when using color palettes?
The way I am using it for testing is ,
- Color 1 = Links and headings
- Color 2 = link hovers, active links (
site, accordion, tabs ) , shortcode icons
- Color 3 = Sub Menu hovered background,forum table headings background, form inputs border
- Color 4 = Sub menu background, forum table background
- Color 5 = Not used for now
When the admin than changes the palette colors all the mention items change .
What I am trying to figure out is the "standard" design pattern ( if there is any ) that designers use with color palettes in order to apply this to theme interface.