enter image description here

I was just curious to see if anyone could tell me what the numbers below the wordmark are meant to indicate? Kerning?

  • It'd really help if you made them darker and removed the extra space Oct 26, 2016 at 3:28
  • 2
    You would need to ask the design or company what they mean. There's no inherent meaning to them. (I suppose they could be kerning values.. but that's a wild guess).
    – Scott
    Oct 26, 2016 at 5:14

1 Answer 1


Looks like this could be from a style guide. My guess is this is in reference to the kerning between the indicated letters based on the fact that most typefaces aren't designed to have the capital "W" to hang over the next letter.

enter image description here

  • I totally agree, however "-3" within a kerning pair is almost negligible and I don't think it would ever result in the /W/ to hang over the /o/. I really appreciate the reply tho! I only asked this for my own curiosity. Jan 17, 2017 at 22:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.