How do I create a text with a grid overlay as shown in this image? enter image description here

closed as too broad by Manly, Wrzlprmft, joojaa, DᴀʀᴛʜVᴀᴅᴇʀ Nov 21 '16 at 19:02

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  1. Create a new layer above your text layer.
  2. Place your grid element on this new layer.
  3. Create a clipping mask with the layer that has your grid element.(In Photoshop, you right click on the layer and select "Create Clipping Mask")
  4. Re-position your grid element so it is on top of your text!

You can find more information on this technique by searching for how to create a clipping mask or masks in your graphic application of choice.

  • 1
    And in GIMP, step 3 is to create a layer mask - from the text layer's alpa channel, for example. – Michael Schumacher Nov 17 '16 at 7:00

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.