I'm just wondering how these kinds of graphics are created, i.e. the white lines that twist and turn across the page. I see them all the time and was just wondering if there is a way to create them in Illustrator using the Blend tool or wrapping a grid along a path? I'm not sure. Thanks!


  • Don't let "photoshop" in the duplicate question throw you... the lines are all created in Illustrator and that question shows you how.
    – Scott
    Nov 18, 2016 at 18:39
  • Thank you – yes, thats what I was looking for. I knew it was probably as simple as that.
    – alxmntrvl
    Nov 22, 2016 at 19:13

1 Answer 1


You can achieve these graphics by creating two separate wavy paths with a white stroke. Then double clicking on this guy (the blend tool) Blend Tool use the drop down menu to select "Specified Steps" and put in however many more wavy paths you want in between the two original paths. Play around with the curve of the paths and their start and endpoints to get the effect you want.

If you're a visual learner this is a good tutorial for this effect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2rD-36bc48

  • Thank you – I was pretty sure it was done with blends but I'm still relatively new to how blends work so it's still baffling that super complex looking artwork can be made so easy.
    – alxmntrvl
    Nov 22, 2016 at 19:14

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.