I've just started using Illustrator, thanks to the Black Friday deal, and want to achieve this effect. The vector is from Vecteezy.com by caterart. I tried drop shadow but I want that transparent border(?) around the text. And can anyone tell me what font this is? The closest one I found was Regulators.

enter image description here

Thank you.

(It's for a personal use.)

EDIT: I'd like to know how to create this effect and the name of the font if possible. Thanks.

  • Do you want to know what the font is or how to do the effect?
    – AndrewH
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 16:20
  • AH, sorry for not being clear. I'd like to know both.
    – monty_bean
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 16:23
  • Hi monty_bean! We have some requirements for font identification questions, please take a look and edit your question to include that information.
    – AndrewH
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 16:24
  • 1
    You should have probably asked 2 questions the answer to your shadow question is here, so now you only need to know the font
    – joojaa
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 16:32
  • Wow, thank you. @AndrewH, thanks for the tool, I found the font.
    – monty_bean
    Commented Dec 6, 2016 at 16:39

2 Answers 2


The manual way:

  • set your type
  • duplicate twice so you have 3 layers of the same type
  • top layer is the font as-is
  • the layer below that is the font with a stroked outline the same color as you rbackground
  • the layer below that is the font as-is, but shifted down and to the right

That artwork is merely a font.

Nexa Rust Slab Black Shadow

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.