I'm trying to break down what skills I need to develop to draw a realistic human figure.
At the moment I got:
- Gesture I have no good idea on how to exercise this, I mean, I have no good way to know if I'm doing gestures correctly and if I'm improving.
- Finding Forms That is, drawing the figure using spheres, boxes and other volumes. Easy to self test, You just have to look to the drawings and see if they somehow match the original subject.
- Perspective Starting to read and exercise this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perspective-Made-Easy-Dover-Instruction/dp/0486404730/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340813163&sr=1-1
- Values Again, I don't know a good way on how to improve this skill
- Anatomy How can you know you're improving your anatomy?
Am I missing any fundamental? Please give in your answer specific exercices on how to improve any of this skills.