I want to print CMYK digital label artwork onto a bottle that is concave vertically and convex laterally, is this possible and how?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Cai, Westside, Wrzlprmft, Manly, joojaa Dec 19 '16 at 9:00

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    So you're asking if such a shape is possible? I don't understand your question – Zach Saucier Dec 15 '16 at 3:51
  • 1
    Please clarify your question. Are you talking about whether that shape exists? About how to print it? How to shape the artwork? – Ryan Dec 15 '16 at 4:55
  • I don't think that is a question for Graphic Desing. Since you're asking for a Printing Technique – SitiSchu Dec 18 '16 at 2:05

Yes. It's done everyday.

Odd shaped container surfaces can be usually accommodated by the screen printing process—as opposed to lithography, gravure, or letterpress which are suitable for flat substrate.

Many perfume, nail polish, and spice bottles are screen printed

In addition, various appliqués can be made and attached to the container.


Pad printing can transfer ink to rounded surfaces - An entertaining explanation of the process is found after this link

  • I've seen this operation. It's a kind of offset printing that is quite versatile for small irregular surfaces. Great suggestion. – Stan Dec 19 '16 at 16:05

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.