The new Opera logo looks really nice and so does the 2011 Office for Mac icons. What style are they?

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Hi Jeff, please take a look at our style identification requirements and make an edit to include the relevant info, thanks! – Cai Dec 29 '16 at 22:15
  • Please add those images to your question. As a new user (please do read the introductory tour), you may not be able to add them directly, but usually someone else then edits them into your post. – usr2564301 Dec 29 '16 at 22:35
  • 2
    @Rad there aren't restrictions on images for new users on GD (or at least up to 3 images I think, maybe 2, can't remember) – Cai Dec 29 '16 at 22:40
  • Thanks for putting in the images. I couldn't put them in from my phone. – Yoshi Askharoun Dec 30 '16 at 23:25

This kind of logo is generally referred to as 'ribbon style' because of the way that the letters seem to be made from a folded or curved ribbon.

The examples that you have mentioned both use stylised versions of this approach, but the basic principle is the same. If you do a search for 'ribbon style logo' then you should find lots of examples and even a few tutorials.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.