Or for measurements.

Consider the green things in this image: Labels indicating a rat and the dimensions and species thereof

Referred here from the English SE: english.stackexchange.com/posts/365966

  • 2
    Could they be used because they resemble calipers?
    – Jongware
    Jan 1, 2017 at 1:15
  • That makes sense to me! I am pretty sure I have seen these squiggles on images on the Internet of some old documents, but calipers are also pretty old. Jan 1, 2017 at 4:04

1 Answer 1


They are Brackets, more specific Curly Brackets https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket#Curly_brackets

But the usage of thoose as a measurements is wrong. Theese are the ones that could be used.

enter image description here

(But I am not sure what is the name in english, so probably someone can help) Dimension lines or something?

Probably a proper usage on a diagram could be this one:

enter image description here

  • 3
    But the usage of thoose as a measurements is wrong. – Says who?
    – Wrzlprmft
    Jan 1, 2017 at 9:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.