I'm trying to create a letterhead template that works like so:
- Front page containing one header image
- Continuation page containing alternate header image
- All additional pages automatically use continuation / alternate header
Here are the steps that I've taken so far:
- Created the first page and added the header image
Layouts > Breaks > Next Page
Link to Previous
- Added alternate header image
So now I have a 2-page Word doc, with different headers on each. I can see in the status bar at the bottom that page 1 has 'section 1' and page 2 has 'section 2'.
However when I move my cursor to page 1, and type a load of text until it's full, the spillover doesn't go into page 2 as I'd hoped.
Instead it creates a new page, using the same header as page 1.
Am I doing something wrong? How do I set it so that the spillover goes into the second page that has already been created?
I've tried it without unchecking
Link to Previous but then my alternate header overwrites the one on the first page