I went around the web, reading articles about business card mistakes, and here is a full list of them:
- Don't use cheap materials/techniques or attempt to print your own.
- Don't use metal business cards. They won't get through airport security. (Is that true?)
- Don't use a big font for the address and contact info.
- Don't put a picture of your face on the card.
- Don't use pixelated or other substandard images.
- Don't flirt with the margins.
- Don't overcrowd your card.
- Not including information that is attractive to clients, i.e. "5-year warranty," etc.
Obviously name, address, email, phone number, and fax number are necessary, but are there any other do's or don't's?
PS: For a 3.5x2 card, I should use the following settings in Photoshop, correct? 3.75x2.25, 300 DPI.