confetti background frame

I want to make the confetti background so it looks like it is radiating out from the middle. I have tried using the scatter brush in both Photoshop and Illustrator but it looks a lot messier than this picture, and I can not just have two colours using the scatter brush. Could someone please tell me how to do it. (it has been suggested to me by a teacher that they would have done it manually)

  • Could you edit in an image of your attempt? That may make it easier for us to help you improve your method. Thanks!
    – Vincent
    Commented Feb 8, 2017 at 9:04
  • 1
    I'd probably do it with a scatter brush and just brush more around the middle.
    – Joonas
    Commented Feb 8, 2017 at 9:29

2 Answers 2


You could use the symbol sprayer and various symbol tools in Illustrator. Just create a symbol for each of the different pieces of confetti or whatever it is that you have, select the symbol sprayer and spray away...

enter image description here

enter image description here


You can do it manually by dragging objects while holding Alt key. This will create a duplicate. It's a lot faster than using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V key combinations.

Another option is to create multiple circles in random distances from each other and add them as a new art brush. This is also a manual method, but it saves time.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.