I'm looking for this ring in font forge to remove it or modify it but can't find it. Here is an example of these rings.

example for rings

They are supposed to read like this:

what they should look like

However, I merged the two fonts above to yield the following result:

what they should look like

I'd like to pick specific diacritics to replace, but I do not know how.

  • What are these rings? How do you add them when typing text, is it like an accented letter or are they a separate character? – Luciano Feb 22 '17 at 9:06
  • The rings appear under (or sometimes above) diacritic marks. The marks are their own character and are normally used above (or below) letters. If you type the accent without a preceding letter, it will appear with a ring. To add them while typing (with an arabic keyboard) you press shift+[the diacritic that you want]. – Joe Brewer Jr. Feb 22 '17 at 17:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.